11 February 2009

zach king-smith

A Good Woman

I have
always
had an
insatiable
appetite
for woman.

With
my eyes
I have
studied the
curvatures
& textures
of their
bodies.

Been
awestruck
by their
beauty.

Been
disgusted
with tender
thoughts.

Fucked
more woman
than loved them
before now.

That deep
low down
hunger
has
been
satisfied.

I have been
back to the
womb where
love has finally
cradled me
again.

I hope
to be
held
here
in
her
arms
for
good.

A good
woman
is a rare
commodity
even if
they are
all beautiful.


The Right Words

I have never
had divine
inspiration
by any
means.

I am not
an instrument
of God or a
prophet.

When the
poems come
heavy & my
eyes become
wide & the
hands move
the words
just come.

One by One
line by line
poem by
poem.

It comes
honest.

Genius
or not
it comes
HONEST.

No comments: